Well Marjorie it depends the way one looks at it.....

"Marjorie L. Moorefield" wrote:

> Unfortunately Joao,
> In reading the History of the United States by about
> 15 different authors during my career, the only thing
> I found consistent was:
> If the U.S. Government ,(no matter who's in office)
> can find a way to tax it, it becomes legal.  If they
> can't slap a tax on it, you are out of luck!
> As you all know, this is IMOPO!

IMHO maybe it is better solution to be taxed by the Government (holding
things more under control) than otherwise, if not legalized , whatch it
keep on promoting corruption , and the grow of the Mafias and all sort of
criminals and crimes. That is what the History tell us about the situation
during the alcohol prohibition in the 30s'.....

Warm regards,

Cheers,
Joao Paulo - Salvador,BA,Brazil