David,
We are all different, but you asked for stories so here's mine.  I wanted to
try Requip in place of Myrapex to see if I could calm down my dyskinesias.  I
talked my MDS into letting me try it, used it for a month, carefully titrated
up, and went back to Myrapex.  Here is the story in song.  I gave it to my
MDS when I saw him yesterday.  My way of saying "OK, you were right, but I
had to try it for myself."

Home in the Meadow
a song
by Margaret F. Moylan

(to the tune of “I’ll Give You a Daisy a Day Girl”)

            Oh, I’m back in the Mirapex Meadow,
                So happy to be back at home,
            You may wonder why I gave Requip a try
                and went out on the road there to roam,
            Well, the grass through the fence looked much greener,
                I wanted to give it a whirl,
            But after a month I will tell you the truth:
                I see Myra is really a pearl!

            I hoped Requip would quell dyskinesia,
                It worked like a charm at the first,
            But after a while I got tired of it’s style
                The off times were simply the worst.
            But I hung in there taking the Requip
                to give it a fair working test,
            Oh, it worked fairly well, but then it gave me hell
                So for me Mirapex seems the best!

            On Requip I was riding a coaster
                on rollers high up in the sky
            I was fine on the ground, but when upwardly bound
                Terror struck and I wanted to die.
            So I’m back in the meadow with Myra
                Content I gave Requip its chance,
            But it wasn’t for me and I’m sure you can see
                Why it’s Myra I’ll take to the dance.

On a more serious note, this is what I came up with:

Conclusion:  more on time and less off time on Mirapex than on Requip
        Requip slightly better on amount of sleep

Dyskinesia report:
    Troublesome dyskinesia while on Mirapex averaged 4.2 hrs. per day; worse
on Mirapex than on Requip - dysk. much more annoying on Mirapex

    Off times, however were MUCH WORSE on Requip - very deep offs, sometimes
lasting for hours

    On time good on both most of time.
    Balance not too good on either.
    Visual hallucinations that went away on Requip came back on Mirapex.

Hope this helps.

Marge Moylan 56/41/39