At 06:34 PM 10/24/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Does anyone have any ideas to share about what you do at your support group
>meetings?   Our group seems to really respond to activities or speakers and
>not just a get together but we seem to have run out of ideas.   Any help will
>be appreciated.
>
>Debby

Hi Debby,

I have been involved with group interaction for over 50 years, from therapy
groups, support groups, to leaderless groups. All are unique and all have
many different agendas based on the need of the members. The group that I
am the "leader" of prefers group interaction and providing information and
support to their fellow members. We do have professionals involved with PD
who help with occasional topics. We report on new research every so often,
but only within the boundaries of support.

We tend to spend a good deal of time discussing "Wellness" and
participation in other activities. We actively believe in PWP, and not
being PD patients.

I see myself as a resource person.

Hope this helps

Bernie Barber