I was diagnosed this past May and the symptoms that affected me the most
were tremors and lack of sleep. I was getting anywhere between 2-5 hours
sleep a night. The daytime fatigue forced me to take an afternoon nap,
about an hour in duration. And it was a deep nap, often leaving me more
tired when I awoke.

When  I went on Sinemet I found that a 10 PM dose helped with the sleep...I
would get at least 3 hours and many times as much as 6 hours sleep.
However, I then decided to delay taking Sinemet until forced to by
increased symptoms. I now take Eldepryl and Reqiup and the sleeping problem
worsened, but not to original levels.

I have since found that forcing myself to stay up an hour later than normal
makes a big difference. I do all I can to stay awake till 12 AM. I also
instituted a routine of quarter turns when I wake during the night. I go to
sleep on my left side and when I need to turn during the night I go to my
back. The next time I go to either my right or left side and then back to
my back. I never struggle to get from one side to the other, that is a
manuver that surely wakes me up.

Finally when I have to have a daytime nap, I take it in my chair, I do not
lay down. And I do not use a blanket. This enables me to take short more
refreshing naps.

My normal night's sleep is now about 6 hours. Let's hope it stays there.

I hope my experience proves a benefit to someone out there!

Jim Dolan
58/53/58