Thank you to the many people who reponded to my posting "sleeping with
l-dopa". I appreciate the suggestions offered by others who suffer
throughout the night with PD.

Two years before I had any daytime PD symptoms, I was told that my right
foot would shake  throughout the night when I was asleep. I did not realize
that this was my first PD symptom.

When my right foot started shaking during the day, I went to see a
neurologist. After a number of tests including an MRI, he said that I had
PD. I said "no I don't because I read in a book that PD symptoms disappear
when you sleep".  He said that many of his PD patients have spouses who
complain about nocturnal tremors and shakes.

He immeadiately prescribed eldepryl and sinemet plus.

All was well until two years ago, when I started having severe cramping in
addition to tremors. Now I am forced to take sinemet throughout the night.

I would like to hear from more people like myself. Also, I am considering
taking lithium or Botox for painful cramping - any advice?

BJ