Hi all,

        On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Date:    Fri, 27 Oct 2000 08:26:58 -0700
> From:    davidmeigs <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Just "peeking in" for a moment to say "hi" ...
>
>                                                  ... I do get leg tremors at
> times.  They have been pretty slow in progression, and are worse after
> giving them a work out.  Mine seem worse when I stop walking.  Most of the
> time I have little or no leg tremors though ...

        I  think  I  remember  feeling  the leg tremors as far back as
     three years ago (diagnosed about 5 years ago).  So, mine are pro-
     gressing slowly too (I guess?!? :-) ).  On my last visit with the
     neurologist, my leg tremors were extremely  visible  (along  with
     other symptoms) and that's when he added Requip to my drug sched-
     ule.

        All  of my tremors tend to get worse after any kind of stress:
     physical (like working around the yard), emotional (like  getting
     into  an  argument),  and  even mental (like trying to solve some
     computer programming problem). But,  these  leg  tremors  started
     worrying  me  because  --  at rare times -- I feel almost like my
     legs won't support my weight.  And, I stand a  lot  in  the  work
     that I do.

        It  really does seem like the leg tremors are the worst tremor
     at the moment.  But, if I can find a quiet place to  sit  or  lay
     down  for  15  or 20 minutes -- a place with little in the way of
     distractions or interruptions, I  can  usually  get  the  tremors
     wherever  they  are  to  quiet down and minimize themselves for a
     while.  Personally, I  use  a  progressive  relaxation  technique
     where  I mentally look at a muscle group, fix my mind on communi-
     cating with them, and again mentally tell them to  relax,  settle
     down,  and  go  to sleep.  I do this with different muscle groups
     from one end of my body to the other.  And, for me, it works.

        I  can  hear it in the audience now: "There he goes again ram-
     bling and writing a book when a note would have  done  the  job."
     :-)  And, they're right!

        So,  let  me  just say thanks to the folks who responded to my
     post both on- and off-list.  I appreciate your  help  and  input.
     Take care ...

Bill--
  ...who asks: Daylight savings time: Why is it saved & where do they keep it?
.. William A. Parrette ...... 7177 Heritage Drive ....+- \ --- ) / ------+
.. [log in to unmask] .............. Westchester ............|       / (_,      |
.. [log in to unmask] ......... OH 45069-4012 ..........|      | ,-,`\     |
.. [log in to unmask] ..... 513/779-0780 ...........|       \\  \ \    |
                                                                ||\ \`|,
                                                               _|| `=`-'