Date sent:              Thu, 26 Oct 2000 02:17:00 -0400
Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>
From:                   "B. Bruce Anderson" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Drooling drugs
To:                     [log in to unmask]

>     Does anyone know of an alternate to use for amitryptiline for
>     drooling
> and excess saliva production?  It has been quite effective at
> controlling the problem for the past 8 months or so, but just up and
> stopped working the other day.  I took 50 mg every 12 hours, and 100
> mg per day is supposed to be the max recommended dose.
>
> I would truly appreciate hearing about any drug that works for
> someone. Thanks !!
>

> BBA

The "old" anti-parkinson drugs such as Artane, Benadryl, and
Cogentin also have effects which can decrease drooling.  They have
other side-effects, however.  Ask your doctor.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.dovecom.com/rafink/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"