Hi Marjorie...Oh dear, the black and white thing sounds scary...such strange
things happen with this miserable illness.  I don't have the black and white
problem but  very occasionally I have an 'ocular migraine,' in which my
vision becomes blurred and I see what looks like brilliantly colored
lightning which blocks the 'view' for about 20 minutes.  It is beautiful but
the first time it happened I just about expired from fear.  It happened once
when I was driving and I had to pull over and wait it out.  My eye doctor
knew immediately what it was.  He gets it too.

Check it out with your doctor!!

Take care...Liz