Dear Listfriends,
I thank you all for your support and prayers recently. As I
mentioned, I had been invited to present a session on
nutrition and Parkinson disease at the American Dietetic
Association's annual convention last week in Denver. Some of
you are aware that I have been trying to encourage health
professionals to understand and help manage the many
complexities of PD. I believe that with your
prayers, this is finally coming to pass.

The session was held in a large room, seating 450 people. It
was filled to capacity, with people standing in the back;
and I learned later that they had to turn people away at the
door. The response was enthusiastic, and I have since had
numerous e-mails and phone calls from attendees who wanted
more information.

Further, I have been asked to write articles for several
publications on nutrition for PD, and also a grant proposal
to develop a multi-disciplinary approach to managing PD;
whether the proposal will be accepted is unknown, but the
fact of the offer is something that could not have happened
just a few short years ago.

State dietetic associations have invited me to present
training seminars to dietitians and other health
professionals in Texas, California, Ohio, and Canada in the
coming months.

I believe this is in great part due to you -- your artwork,
your poetry, your writing, your campaign for funding for
research for the cure, and so much more.  It's working, I'm
sure of that!

Please continue to keep me in your thoughts and prayers, as
I continue to contact other health professionals. Each of
them who learns about PD is likely to pass on that knowledge
to others who in turn will reach still others. I hold all of
you in my own thoughts and prayers daily; together, we are
making a difference!

My very best regards,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Constipation and Parkinson's" --  audiocassette & guidebook
"Guidelines for Medical Nutrition Therapy for Parkinson's
disease"
     & Risk Assessment Tools
"Risk for malnutrition and bone fracture in Parkinson's
disease,"
     J Nutr Elderly. V18:3;1999.
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/