Barbara wrote:
> All was well until two years ago, when I started having severe cramping in
> addition to tremors. Now I am forced to take sinemet throughout the night.
>
> I would like to hear from more people like myself. Also, I am considering
> taking lithium or Botox for painful cramping - any advice?

Barbara, one thing that can lead to cramping is inadequate
magnesium and/or calcium. I have had clients with extremely
painful dystonia (a kind of cramping) which was greatly
diminished by use of calcium and magnesium supplements. If
you are already getting plenty of both, then the cause lies
somewhere else; however, it's one thing you could check on.
I would ask your physician to refer you to a registered
dietitian who is experienced in Parkinson's disease.

My very best regards,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Constipation and Parkinson's" --  audiocassette & guidebook
"Guidelines for Medical Nutrition Therapy for Parkinson's
disease"
     & Risk Assessment Tools
"Risk for malnutrition and bone fracture in Parkinson's
disease,"
     J Nutr Elderly. V18:3;1999.
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/