To John Cottingham and anybody contemplating DBS
In answer to your well researched article I have to say that I had STN
stimulation for Parkinson's 31/2years ago and have only recently had the
program as near to perfect as it can be. At one stage I even went to Grenoble
to have it tuned but that didn't help.  I E-mailed Dr. Chris Van  Der Linden
for suggestions but we finished up with it tuned to low.  It seems to vary a
lot between patients  and of course the progress of the Pd. Just by sheer
blind faith and fine tuning my medication regime, I am now better than I have
been since Parkinson came to call twelve years ago.
I accidentally turned one side off the other day and it was astounding how I
was as. I had no hand tremor, only legs, when I had the surgery and now
without the pacemakers it is quite apparent.  Its not a cure for Parkinson's
but when done well it provides incredible relief and I have cut my
medications to a Quarter of what it was.
Hail Benabid for getting it right and my neurologist Dr. Dudley O'Sullivan
for getting it right.

Peter Dawkins