I can't follow the technicalities of the article on eye deficiency, but my
personal experience is as follows:

My eyes were getting worse and the eye doctor said he observed "crystals"
forming in my retina. He thought it was due to insufficiency blinking. PWP
don't blink enough and also thought it was exacerbated by working so many
hours on my computer.
He gave me Refresh artificial tears and Refresh ointment. (Both are sold
"across the counter) Artificial tears are used by most people that have
contact lenses. it worked wonders for me. My eyesight is improved and Doc
says he doesn't see the crystals anymore.
Now if I could just get off of this darned computer.