Hey Graham,
I'm a Registered Massage Therapist in Ontario, Canada.  I must admit that I am
as suprised as you about PD being a contraindication for this form of massage.
I tried checking the web but couldn't find much, so I've emailed a college that
offers training in Indian Head Massage.  I will let you know what their response
is as soon as I hear back from them.  I just wanted to let you know what is
happening so you don't think your question is going unanswered.
Peace
Pat Higgo R.M.T.