Johnny Cash Misdiagnosed

NASHVILLE, October 24, 2000  Tenn. (AP) - Country star Johnny Cash, who
has struggledwith health problems for years, says he was misdiagnosed as
having
Shy-Drager Syndrome, a neurological disorder.

"My doctor told me in November that if I'd had it, I'd be dead by now,''
Cash said in Sunday's Tennessean newspaper.

Cash also said doctors say he is getting better, ruling out both
Shy-Drager and Parkinson's disease, another neurological disorder with
similar symptoms of blackouts, tremors and stiff muscles.

Cash, 68, nearly died of pneumonia in 1998 and quit touring because of
various health problems.

He recently released an album titled ``American III: Solitary Man.'' The
eight-time Grammy-winner's hits include ``I Walk the Line,'' ``Don't
Take Your Guns to Town'' and ``A Boy Named Sue.''
 Copyright © Yahoo!. All rights reserved.

--
Judith Richards, London, Ontario, Canada
                        Today’s Research...