On 21 Oct 2000, at 19:22, Mary Legan wrote:
> Dear folks,
> My doctor is starting me on Selexa and Zyprexa.  I am already taking
> Seroquel.  What I'd like to ask..............is there an email address where
> one can access a description of meds such as one finds in the PDR.  I would
> like information that is that thorough.  Is there such a site?  Thank you.
> Mary

Hi Mary,
I will give you a few URL's where you can access drug monographs....
But first... the hair stands up on the back of my neck when anyone
mentions starting multiple dosages of pharmaceuticals in combination
with current prescriptions.  I am not a Dr., i am a mechanic... but Mary,
does your Dr. know exactly what prescriptions you already take (in
detail, dosage, timing, etc.)?  I worry about drug induced psychosis
and the potential for serious side effects.  Do you take other drugs,
such as Sinemet, in addition to the ones mentioned above?
Also, is there an overlap in that you might be prescribed one or the
other but not both Seroquel and Zyprexa?  Please be very careful
to completely inform your Dr.

RxList is one of the more comprehensive sites... http://www.rxlist.com

In late September, 2000, RxList launched the new format you  now see
allowing better integration with our parent site, HealthCentral.com,
and our other network sites. Later in October RxList was honored
to be selected by Popular Science Magazine as one of their Top 50
selections for Best of the Web. RxList had previously been selected
by Yahoo Internet Life Magazine as 'Best Drug Index' for both 1999 and 2000.

CelexaTM (citalopram HBr) is an orally  administered selective serotonin
reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) with a chemical structure unrelated to that
of other SSRI's or of tricyclic, tetracyclic, or other available antidepressant agents.
http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/citalo.htm

Celexa™ (citalopram HBr)  http://www.celexa.com/celexa_pi.html

Citalopram Hydrobromide - Brand name: Celexa
http://www.mentalhealth.com/drug/p30-c04.html

Each Zyprexa tablet contains olanzapine....
Olanzapine is an antipsychotic agent that belongs
to the thienobenzodiazepine class.
http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/olanzapine.htm

Olanzapine - Brand name: Zyprexa
http://www.mentalhealth.com/drug/p30-o02.html

SEROQUEL® (quetiapine fumarate) is an antipsychotic drug belonging
to a new chemical class, the dibenzothiazepine derivatives.
http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic2/quetiap.htm

Name: Quetiapine fumarate (Seroquel®; Zeneca, Inc.)
http://www.upmc.edu/druginfo/InternalAccess/Documents/LongForms/quetiapine.htm

Quetiapine - Brand name: Seroquel
http://www.mentalhealth.com/drug/p30-q01.html

Follow all the associated links in the above and you will
have complete information.  Please use this as an educational
tool and do not attempt to "self prescribe".

Regards and best wishes ......... murray