I have had a great improvement from  a magnesium supplement with potassium
and calcium.  As the cramps are usually during the night I take the tablets
when I retire for the evening.  I ran out of them some time ago and just
kept forgetting to order them in from my health shop and it wasn't very
long before the cramping started again.  I even feel it helps with the
rigidity I get in my legs.  I do suggest you seek the advice of a
nutritionist or a naturapath because some forms are better than others and
also it shouldn't be taken after certain foods.  I think it was some-thing
to do with stopping a certain food from absorbtion.  Regards Mary from Oz.