At 06:42 2000/10/30 +0000, simon wrote:
>>1. How can I access the archives and use them.?
>http://james.parkinsons.org.uk/search.htm
>Simon
>--------- My opinions are my own, NIP's opinions are theirs ----------
>Simon J. Coles                                 Email: [log in to unmask]
>New Information Paradigms                  Work Phone: +44 1344 753703
>http://www.nipltd.com/                     Work Fax:   +44 1344 753742
>=============== Life is too precious to take seriously ===============

hi simon and co-archiver/diggers

just a note to remind y'all
that the list archives at the university of toronto
are produced automatically by the same software which runs the listserv
 - manufactured by L-Soft International -

which allows searching via e-mail interaction directly with the listserver.

which means you don't have to stay on line
to do any heavy duty searching or digging

which uses the "posting item number" as a unique message identifier,

which is the reason i have used the same numbers in replicating any posts
on my own website

which means that a copy of any message posted since november 1993
can be retrieved from the listserv in seconds, again via e-mail - see:

http://www.geocities.com/janet313/pienet/getpost.html

L-Soft International's search instructions are available at their website
but since they are clearly written for nerds by nerds,
they have been translated into english several different ways;
i have adapted the best translation [imho] on my own website at:

http://www.geocities.com/janet313/pienet/tutorial/

best regards
janet

nerdette and gurette

janet paterson, an akinetic rigid subtype parkie
53 now /44 dx cd / 43 onset cd /41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
TEL: 613 256 8340 URL: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/
EMAIL: [log in to unmask] SMAIL: POBox 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada