At 06:33 2000/10/30 -0500, linda wrote, in part:
>Murray,
>Thanks for doing all this research . You are correct - there are
>currently 11 Udall  Parkinson's Research Centers funded by the NIH. Carol
>Walton, of the Parkinson's Alliance verified this just yesterday .
>
>The Udall Act originally called for 10 centers, but fudning was made
>available for one more. The history of how this funding came about, and
>how advocacy by a united  Parkinson's Community got us to the point we
>are at today, is really ffascinating and
>inspiring --someeone should write a book...

hi linda

aha!
hot on the heels of my post about searching the archives:

the history of the growth and development of the pd advocacy phenomenon
is in the archives, from day one, viz:
The Parkinson Alliance
Jim Cordy
Joan Samuelson

if yer talkin bout grass roots, we is it

janet
aka
jannie magnolia

janet paterson, an akinetic rigid subtype parkie
53 now /44 dx cd / 43 onset cd /41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
TEL: 613 256 8340 URL: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/
EMAIL: [log in to unmask] SMAIL: POBox 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada