Date sent:              Thu, 2 Nov 2000 10:10:34 +0800
To:                     Recipient List Suppressed:;
From:                   Andrew Lynch <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                CFP: Territory and Access, ANZAMEMS 2001

CALL FOR PAPERS
ANZAMEMS, 2001 SESSION:
University of Western Australia
Perth, Australia, July 5-8, 2001

TERRITORY AND ACCESS
DEADLINE: DECEMBER 8, 2000

This is a call for 20-minute papers on the topic of territory and
access in the Medieval and Early Modern period. Papers might
address
issues such as private as opposed to public space, physical and
symbolic exclusionary spaces, space and trespass, territory and
ownership etc. Papers from all disciplines will be considered, but
papers on drama will be particularly welcome. Interested parties
should send a 200 word abstract by the deadline to:

Denise Ryan
Visiting Fellow
School of English
University of Leeds
Leeds, LS2 9JT
U.K.

or

Ursula Potter
Department of English
University of Sydney
Sydney, 2006

We are also looking for contributions on this topic for a published
collection of papers and it is hoped that the conference session will
generate interest in this regard as well. We would therefore also like
to hear from anyone interested in submitting a paper to the
collection, whether or not they are available to offer a paper for the
conference.
Associate Professor Andrew Lynch        + 61 8 93802185
(phone) Department of English                   + 61 8 93801030 (fax) The
University of Western Australia [log in to unmask] Nedlands,
WA 6907
Australia

--
Abigail Ann Young (Dr), Associate Editor/Records of Early English Drama/
Victoria College/ 150 Charles Street W/ Toronto Ontario Canada