I am interested in how Islam studies are making an appearance in studies concerned with early modern culture, particularly drama studies. For instance, I am intirgued by the potential genre-isation of 'Turk plays' and such questions as whether such categorisation or research founded on such categorisation will contribute to Islamaphobia in re-iterating Islam & Muslims as an 'Other' to a Huntingtonian 'West', or whether such research will meaningfully contribute to mutlicultural critical understanding? Or if such studies, alongside studies of 'travel plays' are an extension of the global village ideology, in either economics or mutual international co-operation? If anybody would like to respond, I would be very grateful.

Danny Vincent, Bath Spa University College.