At 08:22 PM 11/02/2000 -0600, you wrote:
>Marjorie-  You are an example of the lack of assurance that we have of the
>safety of our drugs even with the FDA 's involvement.  Even with years of
>experience with both drugs -each caused adverse reactions hopefully which
>were acted on by your physicians because of the FDA's procedure for
>approval.  No system is perfect and no drug or devise is without adverse
>reaction and the FDA with all its imperfections is the best way of
>striking a balance.

Good Morning Charlie,
Thanks for explaining about how the FDA does their drug testing.
Maybe because I have had such horrid reactions to FDA approved
drugs, it has made me believe we'd be just as well off with warning
labels on packages and forget all the drug testing.
I do have to admit that I'm happy they do human testing and not
testing with rhesus monkeys.  There is just something about my
brain being compared to a rhesus monkey that irritates me!!!

just me,
Marjorie
68/58/55