Juanita 'n George...

WHEW!  Glad THAT'S over with!  What a trying time for both of
you...

Ya know, Juanita - I found myself nodding "yes" as I read your
comment (paraphrasing) about being "Only the patient's wife" vs.
the patient's doctor," with the implication that the MD has the
final say-so regarding what is best for the patient.

After thinking about it for a moment, I feel it's the MEDICAL
PLAN'S ACCOUNTING  DEPT.. that ultimately has the final say
whether they'll pay for another day or nite of hospitalization
which MAY BE needed, as opposed to ABSOLUTELY needed.

Perhaps I watch too much "Chicago Hope," or  "ER," and have a
penchant for melodrama, but I recall my mom's MD of 25 years
literally blowing a fuse in front of God, the hospital's
accounting department, an office full of patients, and the rest of
the world to get that ONE NITE of hospitalization - one crummy
nite - of hospitslization after mom haad aan angiogram wherein
mom - with a seroius heart condition plus signs of beginning
dementia - had an inordinate amount of blood lost post-surgery due
to a nurse's negligence (which is another story and my stomach
knots just to think of it)

Very few medical plans in today's world realize that in many -
maybe even MOST - instances when a close family member's
hospitalized, the whole FAMILY rather then just one individual
becomes involved... expecially a spouse/caregiver.

Barb Mallut