At 05:50 PM 11/3/00 -0600, you wrote:

Jeanette,

I believe that is the research done by Jeffery Kordower at Rush in Chicago.

Charlie

List family,
        My husband was watching the early evening news from Kansas City MO and
yelled for me to come watch a segment on Parkinson's.  The segment showed
rheus(sp?) monkeys who had Parkinson's, treated with an injection of gene
therapy, the PD symptoms left.
        MRI's were shown of the monkey brain that showed little dopamine then the
MRI showing an excess even of dopamine.  I didn't catch the research
scientist's name or location.  The researcher said it would probably be a
year before testing in humans would be probable.
        This story was on KCTV-5, CBS, with Anne Peterson and Larry Moore,
anchors.  I'll see if it is on their internet site.

Jeanette Fuhr

Charles T. Meyer, M.D.
Middleton, WI
PD DX  12 years (at age 44)