Was diagnosed last year (closer to 2 years now) but had symptoms 15
years ago when I lost my sense of smell and my joints started acting
up. Added the tremor about two years ago.

My girl friend is a visualization therapist and claims that -- with
using the mind-body connection -- I can defeat PD. I am not of her
opinion but she has had remarkable results with cancer patients.

Questions:

Is PD totally uncurable? Are the current meds the best way? I am on
Eldepryl (2x 5) and Mirapex (.5 grams x 3 tim es daily)

Is the only true recovery dependent on new research?

I might add that Andrea (my significant other) has a son who was
diagnosed with a pineoblastoma. Extremely rare, the AMA gave him a 5%
chance with surgery and even with successful surgery, remission was
sure within two years.

He was in his first year at Harvard Medical School at the time. That
was ten years ago. Andrea made him tapes and worked with him. He
effectively beat the odds.

So, do I have to resign myself to inevitable deterioration unless and
until there is more research?

TIA

,\\urray

61/2/15