Hi Jim,
I think your wife is right, you need to make an appointment to
get the knee looked at. Right now you are guessing, so you
really don't know what to do, because you really don't know
what it is.

I have Osteoarthritis in my knees, actually all over my body,
but worse in neck and knees.

I suggest you
see your Doctor as soon as possible. PD is pain enough without
enduring more than is necessary .

just me,
Marjorie