At 6:56 AM -0600 11/6/00, Leo Fuhr wrote:
>Anyone able to see The Holocaust Museum when in Washington, DC should do
>so.  The inhumanity of the Nazi prison operators vs the heroic deeds of
>those determined to help the persecuted is a part of history we should not
>forget.
>
>Thanks for the reminder to visit the museum, Michel.  Do you know the
>length of the survivor volunteer clip?  My husb is working across the
>street from the museum for next two weeks but has only 1/2 hr for lunch.
>
>Jeanette Fuhr
>
>----------
>From: Michel Margosis <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Survivor's Tale
>Date: Sunday, November 05, 2000 10:52 PM
>
>For those friends living or coming in the general area of Washington, DC.,
>The Holocaust Museum has a program every Wednesday at 1:00 PM in one of the
>theater presenting the story of a survivor who volunteers at the museum.
>This is just to inform you that I will be the one on 15 November.  Anyone
>interested may come.
>
>Michel Margosis

My favourite vignette from that museum is right near the end. It
consists of video clips taken from individual surviviors. Hearing an
emaciated man praying, and thanking God, the interviewer asks, "What,
in this god-forsaken place, can you find to THANK God for?"

His answer, "For not making us like them..." There is a very
important lesson there for us all...

Well worth the visit!

,\\urray

/__Murray_Kastner_____\_____/___\___/___\_ ___ mailto:[log in to unmask]