At 10:26 AM 11/06/2000 -0600, you wrote:
>Marjorie.
>
>I am not trying to start a flame war but:

Hi Don,
I think John and Ray both did a great job in answering your
excellent question much better than I could.  Especially
since I very, very seldom eat fish, and have NEVER eaten
it raw!

>OOC(out of curiosity) who made that great conclusion.
>The chemical company who sells it???

 From the way I read that Web Page, the EPA made that deduction!

>So what would be the calculation if human was a child?  50 lbs and ate
>toxic cooked fish over the period of 10 years?
>snip

If the fish was cooked, as you state, according to their calculations,
nothing, but they don't suggest consumption of Rotenone killed fish.
In this year 2000, IMOHO, I don't think its possible for you to find
a rotenone fish killed in 1956, and that is the year they treated
the lake in Oregon according to the web page URL I posted last
night.

I'm going to repost a part of the EPA's answer:

<snip>

"Cooking destroys rotenone so there would
  be a further loss of any residues during cooking. However, because no
  tolerance (acceptable residue level permitted in fish flesh) has been set
by EPA, the consumption of rotenone killed fish cannot be recommended."

Let's face it Don, just living is dangerous to your health!
One year it was cranberries, then it was the red dye in hotdogs,
and it just continues and continues without much proof.

But if everyone washes their fruits and vegetables before eating them
raw or if they cook them, then there shouldn't be a problem from Farmers
or the Home Gardener using Rotenone.

I do have to say one personal thing here, my husband, after he retired from
the U.S.A.F., went back to college and became a Certified Pest Control
Operator.
He's certified in Lawn & Ornamental, Household Pest, Rats and Fumigation
and is licensed in Florida.
He worked in that field for another 20 years before retiring permanently in
1991. He has Diabetes and Glaucoma, not Parkinson's.

However, it's me who has the PD, and I never was around any of the pesticides.
My Grandson, whom I sent to a 2 year course at Broward Community College,
  also became a Certified
Pest Control Operator, is now 30 years old and lives in Seattle, WA and is
certified
in the State of Washington.  He works in it everyday, and has for the last
10 years,
shows no sign of PD either.
So therefore, I'm going to act as if I was born in Missouri instead of
Kansas, and tell
them "Show me", because I can't find the connection between Pesticides and PD.
I'm sorry, I wish I could, for everyone' s sake so that they could find the
cure and
the cause at the sametime, but to me it just isn't logical, knowing what I know
about pesticides and PD.