Hogwarsh!! Obviously you don't live in Kansas or you would know better.

        When you put in the statement,

        " In the fall to ripen the crop it will again be directly sprayed
> with a herbicide called RoundUp which kills the entire crop evenly for
> harvesting."

        you lost all creditibility concerning your other statements. Wheat
is harvested here in late June to early July. It is an annual and turns
brown during the last few weeks of growth as the summer starts heating up.
It is replanted (Winter wheat) in late September to early October. Roundup
would do nothing to "ripen" a crop. The crop would already have to be
"ripe".