Sandy wrote: > >Dyskinesia, A Dance I Would Prefer Not to Be a Part Of ! > >Last Thursday, because of a mistake I had made in mixing my Liquid Sinemet I suffered eight hours of dyskinesia. After the dyskinesia ended, to say the least, I was as weak as ten-day-old dishwater. I could not find a comfortable position to sit. I could not find a comfortable position to lay down. I was in so much pain that I was sure that I would lose my mind before morning dawned. SNIPPED Dear Sandy-- what a horrendous experience, and painful even to read, despite being so well-written....FWIW, .I had to wonder whether there would have been a way to counter the dyskinesia at least a little by eating a lot of protein? I recall some time ago someone on the list wrote of having taken too much Sinemet all at once and that she had eaten protein -laden foods to help reduce the effects. I wonder what others think about this, or may have had experience with it, and whether it is something that might be mentioned as an "antidote" in such an emergency? Just curious...... Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 82/70/55 Oxford, Ohio <<[log in to unmask]> on PDWebring at http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm "Ask me about the CARE list for Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! " And visit the CARE webring at http://www.crosswinds.net/~caregivers/index.html