Don,
During Ronald Reagan's tour of Duty , my favorite SIL died
of non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma, after a valiant 3.5 year battle.

  He was born & raised in the city,
was never in the Military, and never worked with pesticides.
I have been heart broken many times in my life, but nothing
compares to losing that young man. He and my Daughter were
childhood sweethearts, and soul mates. From the time he was
a child, he was at my house as much as at his, it was like
losing a Son, and IMOHO Parents shouldn't outlive their children,
its too heartbreaking!

>However, there was industrial pollution from the Industrial Revolution at
>that time. Perhaps we should not forget a lot of our fore fathers/mothers
>came to ur country and mine from Europe and may also have genetically
>carried the disease as they travelled to settle here.

On my Father's side, our family has been born in the USA since 1702.
None had PD.
On my Mother's side, they did indeed come from Europe in 1899, and lived
to be 89 & 87 and never had any cancer, nor PD.  Their 10 children, 7
born in the USA, all lived into their 80's, except my Mother, who died
in the middle of an Asthma attack at age 78. None of the her family had PD.
Only one ever had cancer.

>Don't worry I don't hold that against you, just ur immediate jump to the
>pump each and every time to totally rule out any such data.

I have been on this net for many years, and I'm sure, unless I fall
off my soap box and break my neck, I will immediately jump to try to disprove
something I don't feel is correct.  I don't like to see people battered around
on what I call the "Sea of false hopes", it takes too much energy ,which I
feel you should use to live each day, because to me ,each day is a gift to
be enjoyed
and  cherished.

>I also hope and pray there is a cure for those with regular PD, however,  in
>my case at this time you cannot cure something that you cannot identify.

I guessing they haven't called your illness PD as yet?
PD is very hard to diagnosis, since it is a clinical diagnosis and doesn't
have any tests yet to confirm diagnosis.  There are several companies
who are working on tests to confirm PD.  Let's hope they get it out
to the public soon.

Best of luck to you Don.
just me,
Marjorie