On 4 Nov 2000, at 8:13, Hilary Blue wrote:

> murrray
> i sometimes disagree with your  politics or dont appreciate your sense of
> humour, but when it  comes to sensible accurate and up to date info on PD i
> have infinite faith in your wisdom  and knowledge ---and for anything else on
> the internet. i mean that sincerely.
> now, was it you who posted some months ago a url to find lyrics of popular
> songs of times gone by?   If so, could you let me have it again?
> hilary Blue

Hi Hilary,
Thank you for the endorsement (it would be boring if we all agreed
politically and all shared identical senses of humour... yawn)

American Songbook on the WWWeb... was Re: NON- PD:Ken's song
Date sent:              Thu, 20 Apr 2000 23:43:59 -0700

On 20 Apr 2000, at 11:32, Hilary Blue wrote:

> and dont forget
> keep the home fires burning
> and
> mademmoiselle froom armentieres
> and
> hang out your washing on the siegfried line
>

> and going in a different direction,
> how about
>
> pack up all your cAres and woes
> here i go
> singing  low
> bye bye blackbird.....
>
> anyone know the rest?
>
> hilary

Hi Hilary,
The rest of the chorus came to me instantly but I had to look
for the verses....

Search at:
http://www.acronet.net/~robokopp/usa.html

Bye Bye Blackbird
http://www.acronet.net/~robokopp/usa/blakbird.htm

Pack Up Your Troubles
http://www.acronet.net/~robokopp/usa/pvtperks.htm

These pages hold a real wave of nostalgia....

enjoy ............. murray

PS: God Bless America  (and God bless our Don M)
http://www.acronet.net/~robokopp/usa/godblesa.htm
Yep... Irving Berlin      Yep... Kate Smith
Don McKinley was a teenager....

Musik Archive
http://www.acronet.net/~robokopp/index.htm
Scroll down and click on Site Map for all the goodies...

Then scroll Irish Folksongs, German, Scottish, etc.

Click on the title to read the verse...
Click on the melody to hear the song...

and there was...

Flying Pigs Campfire Songbook
http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/flying.pigs/
http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/flying.pigs/songb.html

I hope this is what you were lookin' for........  murray