On 4 Nov 2000, at 11:47, Wanda Hull wrote:
> (Indian Love Call)
> am looking for this song, Murray can you help ??? Thanks

Hi Wanda and All,
I remember Slim Whitman singing this song on the radio when I was a kid...

Judy Garland sang it on TV with Donald O'Conor in 1963
Indian Love Call
Words by Otto Harbach and Oscar Hammerstein II, music by Rudolf Friml, 1924
Introduced by Mary Ellis and Dennis King in the operetta, "Rose Marie"
Performed by Nelson Eddy and Jeanette MacDonald in the film, Rose Marie, 1936
Performed by Ann Blyth and Fernando Lamas in the film, Rose Marie, 1954
Performed by Judy Garland and Donald O'Connor as part of the Songs We're Famous For Medley on
Episode #7 of "The Judy Garland Show," taped September 20, 1963
http://www.zianet.com/jjohnson/jgtv1.htm

Todd Peach's Artist Lyric Links (a lot of lyrics available here)
Links to artist - specific lyric pages, either on Todd's own site, or elsewhere
http://www.thepeaches.com/music/

Search Todd Peach's Music Site for Indian Love Call
http://www.thepeaches.com/music/Search.html

Title: Indian Love Call
Prime Artist: Nelson Eddy
Lyrics..  (go to this site)
http://www.thepeaches.com/music/composers/hammerstein/IndianLoveCall.txt

Indian Love Call - Sing Along MIDI Song
Words by Otto Harbach and Oscar Hammerstein 2nd
Music by Rudolph Friml and Herbert Stothart (1924)
Made famous by Jeanette MacDonald and Nelson Eddy
In the operetta film Rose Marie in 1936
http://www.melodylane.net/indian.html

Friml, Rudolf
http://www.britannica.com/seo/c/charles-rudolf-friml/
http://www.zianet.com/jjohnson/compf.htm#friml

Harbach, Otto
http://www.zianet.com/jjohnson/comph.htm#harbach

Hammerstein, Oscar
http://www.web-comm.com/highland/oscar.htm

Movie Rose Marie - Interesting background...
http://www.dandugan.com/maytime/f-rosema.html

The Sheet Music is Available... Smply Country Sheet Music
1924 Indian Love Call                   Harbach/Hammerstein
http://members.aol.com/Oldpcards/music.htm#I

Here is a great place to look for any song...
You will find more than 1 version I guarantee...
http://www.cdnow.com
(look for search boxes right at the top)

Choose search by song title and type in indian love call and click on Do...

About 50 hits...
(don't BUY it.... unless ya wanna)
You can listen to a "sound sample" on Real Audio or Windows Media...

I don't have anything goin' with CDNow BTW, but if you want a certain
song for a 50th. anniversary...........

Cheers ............ murray