Hi all,  well my numbers up and i'm going to have DBS-STN surgery Nov 20th.
I've read up on it and talk to a couple people and i'm ready to go.  A little
nervous.  My Neuro surgeon is dr  schweitzer.  If anybody would like to send
me their thoughts about their surgery i'd be grateful.  thank you,

Bill m
ps  here's a poem i wrote. enjoy!

Fifty Doors

You stand inside yourself and listen as your voice
agrees to brain surgery

Relax, if it's anything like a colonoscopy
you'll be so out of it, who cares

In a hall with fifty doors, options to burn
now most of those doors are bolted

Someone drops off the waiting list
You are bumped up

Gurney wheels squeak scrubbed hospital floor
They come sooner than you expect

Maybe it's better to get it over with
You won't have to worry

They'll use the latest equipment
Microsurgery, laser knives

You don't remember your blood type
Better find out, get a couple pints

Head shaved, sedated, fix crown to four points
Scan with 3D MRI, surgery six to eight hours

Cut and peel back the scalp, saw a hole
Cut brain tissue bleeds liberally

Tingling in you're fingers pinpoints ground zero
Plant lead, attach micro wire to micro stimulator

You're programmed and sent home
Repeat procedure in eight weeks