Linda -

Dr. Steven Wilkinson at the Univ. of Kansas Medical Center in Kansas City has
done more DBS surgeries than any other surgeon in the US, I understand.  Dick
had fantastic results with the surgery Dr. Wilkinson did five years ago.  At
that time he was the 3rd in the US to have that surgery.  I believe KU does
one or more DBS surgeries a week.  One would have to get on the waiting list,
I imagine.

If you want a contact, write and I'll send you the name and phone number of
the person to call.  (I don't check my mail regularly, so be patient if I
don't respond right away).

Margie

<<
 I have a question - Since DBS has not yet received FDA approval, and I
 assume is still considered experimental in the US, how difficult is it to
 be accepted for the surgery? How do you find a qualified surgeon? Do you
 have to be enrolled in a study? Does Medicare, Medicaid or any private
 insurance presently cover the costs of the surgery, the device and the
 follow up adjustments?
 Ok - that was actually more than 1 question, but would appreciate answers
 to any or all of them.
 Thanks,
 Linda