> From:  davidmeigs <[log in to unmask]>

snip

> I think the "Roundup" is only used to KILL the vegetation.

Yep, It takes no prisoners, currently, you are right its supposed to kill
ALL vegetation dead, thats why it is used to kill the grain. It has done
that perfectly over the years of use.
However, some of the plants classified as weeds are already becoming
genetically resistent to it!

> I've sprayed thousands of gal. of this stuff.  In fact we would mix it in
> 30,000 gal batches.  And we would mix 2 to 3 batches per day.  We used it to
> control plant growth on the shoulders of WA state highways.
>
> Some orchards would use it to "prune" excess portions of branches.  We
> sprayed other herbicides in equal volumes as roundup.   I supervised a group
> of juvenile "offenders" and I pet many of them doing it as "job training"
> (on orders).   We only did it for a couple months per year.  Thank God I
> have not done it for over 16 years.

Did you or they. wear protective clothing( gloves), breathing filters, and
eyecover when handling it...etc?

> The company reps for this stuff would mix it up in a glass & drink it to
> demonstrate its safety.  I wonder if there are statistics of neuro disorders
> on the company reps that drank the stuff?

Just because a person is in "direct contact or injests a toxic chemical that
may cause neuro disorders does not mean you automatically get a neuro
disorder."  They might or might not have gotten any neuro disorders, but
also may or may not have gotten other diseases such as leukemia and certain
types of cancer. There is a private study being done now and has been over
the past several years-- on people who have been full time sprayer operators
for highways, electrical companies, farmers, etc. since they have a higher
incidence of these diseases and since their kids are born with and die with
a higher incidence of these diseases.

However,the public will probably never get to know the results of this
study.

> David Meigs

Don 51/3 PD+