-----------just like here on the prairie abyss--------------

> brown during the last few weeks of growth as the summer starts heating up.
> It is replanted (Winter wheat) in late September to early October. Roundup
> would do nothing to "ripen" a crop. The crop would already have to be
> "ripe".

yes...you are right about wheat

BUT...

Roundup is sprayed from an airplane on SUNFLOWERS.
it kills the sunflowers very dead
they dry out and are harvested

Roundup is supposed to be one of the "safest" of herbicides
because it is metabolised by soil bacteria
and has a short half-life.

i wonder what the LD-50 is for roundup on humans...just wondering.

harder to analyse is where the breakdown components go.

---------------------------------------

a few years ago
a friend of mine--and a darn good potter-- built a house of
his own design.  the house has lots of real exposed beams.
the beams came from old barns in the area .
the beams from timber frame barns were usually free
if we did the demolition ourselves.
When we were out looking--
one of the best preserved barns had been sprayed with DDT
well over 40 years ago.
We walked through --but didn't touch anything.
there wasn't a spider or fly anywhere.
needless to say--we passed  that one up.
the real damage occurs as the pesticide
is concentrated through the food chain.

guess what carnivore is at the top of the food chain?

my apologies to marjory.
first called humans primates and now carnivores.
does wonders for the self image, huh?

SNIPPED