On 31 Oct 2000, at 20:33, Leo Fuhr wrote:

> Another good source of information on stem cell research was/is in the Mayo
> Clinic Newsletter by father subscribes to.  Alot of positive info about
> what may be possible with this type of research.  Does anyone know if this
> might be available online?
>
> Jeanette Fuhr 50/47/44?
>
> ----------

Hi Jeanette and All,

Mayo has lotsa stuff online....

Welcome to Mayo Clinic
http://www.mayo.edu/MayoHome.html

Mayo Clinic - Health and Medical Information
People look to Mayo Clinic for answers to medical questions.
Mayo has responded by making one of its core principles "to be
a dependable source of health information for our patients and
the public." This page provides a gateway to a variety of online
and other resources by which Mayo carries out this important
mission.
http://www.mayo.edu/healthinfo/info.html

Mayo Clinic Health Oasis -- a free and award-winning Website
that offers a wealth of easy-to-understand information on health
and medical topics.  New material is added every workday, all
reviewed for accuracy by Mayo Clinic experts.  Popular sections
of the site include Headline Watch, Ask Mayo, Glossary, Library,
Virtual Cookbook, and Housecall, a free e-mail bulletin service.
http://www.mayohealth.org/

 Mayo Clinic Health Letter
Articles are indexed and available (full-text) via
Mayo Health Oasis--search by subject

Publications from Mayo Clinic, for the public and medical professionals.
Some are online, others are available by subscription.
http://www.mayo.edu/healthinfo/public.html
http://www.mayo.edu/healthinfo/profess.html

Free Newsletters

Mayo Jacksonville's The Mayo Checkup
Mailed six times a year to patients of Mayo Clinic Jacksonville,
The Mayo Checkup helps patients stay in touch with new
programs and services at the clinic.

Mayo Clinic Scottsdale's Update Newsletter
An on-line version of Mayo Clinic Scottsdale's Update newsletter
of helpful information and happenings at Mayo Clinic Scottsdale.
http://www.mayo.edu/mcs/update/

Mayo Rochester's Inside Mayo    Clinic
A sixteen-page newsletter containing news and information to help
you make decisions about your healthcare. Inside Mayo Clinic also
features articles on the latest developments and advances in clinical
practice, research and education at Mayo Clinic.
http://www.mayo.edu/pub-rst/insidemayo/

Basic Surgical Skills
This book, published by Mayo Clinic Scientific Press, is a 152-page
introduction to surgical principles and fundamental surgical skills.
It is suited for medical students, residents, surgical nurses, emergency
personnel, and military medics.

Clinical Update
Highlights trends in the practice of medicine at Mayo each quarter.
Complimentary copies are offered to physicians and other medical personnel.
Call 800-633-4567 for subscription information.

Dialogue
Dialogue is a two-page newsletter for referring physicians, published bimonthly,
containing brief articles about new services, study results and clinical practice
information at Mayo Clinic Rochester.  It is free to physicians who refer patients
to Mayo Clinic.   Call 507-284-8733 to be added to the mailing list.

Mayo Clinic Jacksonville's Medical Update
Published quarterly for physicians of Mayo Clinic Jacksonville,
Medical Update helps physicians stay up-to-date in the medical field.
http://www.mayo.edu/jax-MedUp/MedUp.html

Mayo Clinic Proceedings
One of the nation's largest-circulation medical journals.
A peer-reviewed journal, Mayo Clinic Proceedings publishes
original articles dealing with clinical and laboratory medicine,
clinical research, basic science research, animal studies and
clinical epidemiology.
This complimentary publication is published monthly by
Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research
as part of its medical education program.
Call 201-782-5714 for subscription information.
http://www.mayo.edu/pub-rst/proceedings/prologue.html

Mayo Medical Laboratories Interpretive Handbook
An excellent resource of interpretive data on many diagnostic tests
offered through Mayo Medical Laboratories.

Mayo Medical Laboratories Communique
A monthly newsletter available to inform physicians of current tests,
method changes and interpretive data within Mayo Medical Laboratories.
Call Client Services, Mayo Medical Laboratories, 800-533-1710
for more information.

Mayo Clinic Cardiology Review
http://www.mayo.edu/cardiologyreview/

Mayo Clinic Scientific Press
Publishes medical and scientific textbooks that present recent innovations
and knowledge from the physicians and scientists of Mayo Clinic.
http://www.mayo.edu/mayopress/

Recent publications in select medical journals by Mayo Clinic authors.
http://www.mayo.edu/research/recent_publications.html

Internet Health & Medical Resources -- A list of Internet search tools
and consumer health websites compiled by Mayo medical librarians.
http://www.mayo.edu/healthinfo/resources.html

Glossary of Medical Terms - An alphabetical listing, located on Mayo
Clinic Health Oasis.

**************************

Mayo Clinical Update

Title: Mayo Clinical Update