Hi everyone,

I'm not a frequent contributor to the list, but I wanted to let others who
may be in my situation know how "Voices from the Parking Lot" has changed my
home life.

I've been married for 31 years and have had previous health problems before
being diagnosed with PD. Hubby has always been too busy to lend a supportive
hand.  After receiving a copy of this book I left it on kitchen table and
hubby started reading it. He now asks me about PD and said he understands a
little more of what I'm going thru.

I may be going on a drug study for Riluzole and  left info out and he picked
it up and read it and asked questions about it.

This past week end we had a few social events to go to and we actually had a
good time and conversed about what I'm going thru. I told him about my fear
about ending up in a nursing home. I can't explain why the change but I sure
do appreciate it. I don't feel as if I have to be the strong one and go it
alone anymore   .Hopefully this change in him continues and I keep getting
the support I need here. Or it may just be he wants a new dump truck. LOL

Now if I can get my kids to read it and understand that Mom can't do
everything as she once did. They may not read mine but guess what? Each are
getting a copy for Christmas.

I thank every one of you contributors for the book and I thank God for all
you wonderful, supportive PD friends
.
For any of you in my situation, get a copy of this book and leave it lay out
where others can read it so they can get a feel of what we are going thru.
 And read it yourself too
and know we are not in this alone.

You can get a copy by calling 1-800-579-8440 Cost is $25 plus shipping and
handling.

God Bless all of you,

Carol