Darwin

Sorry, I don't live in Kansas, nor do I wash hogs in Kansas, lolol. Gee, I also didn't know that the only credible farming experts lived there, and  gosh, I didn't know that Kansas is the only place that produces wheat for the whole world!
However,  I live, in the country, on a farm, and my family has farmed for over the last hundred years.
If you were to look at a map of North America you will see---There is a another country above you called CANADA . Wheat is grown in Canada, where I live, and is not harvested in June or July, its harvested in August and September.  The farmers up here and in ur northern states use ROUNDUP to uniformly ripen wheat or any cereal crop. It is Common Yearly Practice and has been for quite a few years now! The terrain here is not flat but has hills and valleys, and due to the size of farms and weather( limited frost free days), farmers cannot wait for the crop to uniform ripen hence soon as ripening process has started ROUNDUP is directly sprayed and during the next 14 days the crop is totally killed and then harvested.
You might find that farming practices may be also quite different from Kansas in some of your own northern states who I believe also produce wheat.
Oh, and our wheat is golden yellow when it ripens and turns dark brown after ROUNDUP is sprayed on it.
BTW --Over 30% of the wheat crop produced in my province is exported to ur country USA due to the higher protien quality of the grain....Wheat is also exported from here all over the world...So if you think exposure to this is limited just to Canada it isn't!
Hmmmmmmmm..... I wonder why these bills are here from the Chemical Company for ROUNDUP that the farm bought this fall, why there are bills for the rental of the sprayer, and the bills for temporary staff to spray the crop???
Then again we shouldn't have to pay for the herbicides that were sprayed on the ground after this harvest to kill the fall weeds; or for the herbicides that were sprayed after the crop was in second leaf stage this spring( the crop had to be strong enuf not to be killed by that herbicide), or the spray pesticide that had to be sprayed on the canola crop to kill the bettles,  or the second level herbicide used in June to kill other weeds in the crop.

Maybe I'll just take some time and do some research and see how many millions of dollars Kansas farmers spend on herbicides and pesticides.

Perhaps I'll tell the bank, that some expert farmer guy down there in Kansas said, I don't have to pay any of those bill's cause they are just not that credible.

Regards

Don 51/3 PD+

> From: "Hawkins, Darwin" <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 09:19:18 -0600
> To: "'Don Diswinka'" <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: RE: Rotenone
>
> Hogwarsh!! Obviously you don't live in Kansas or you would know better.
>
> When you put in the statement,
>
> " In the fall to ripen the crop it will again be directly sprayed
>> with a herbicide called RoundUp which kills the entire crop evenly for
>> harvesting."
>>
> you lost all creditibility concerning your other statements. Wheat
> is harvested here in late June to early July. It is an annual and turns
> brown during the last few weeks of growth as the summer starts heating up.
> It is replanted (Winter wheat) in late September to early October. Roundup
> would do nothing to "ripen" a crop. The crop would already have to be
> "ripe".

Regards

Don 51/3 PD+