I heard this on my local TV news this evening (a CBS affiliate), so I went to their web page (at http://www.wtsp.com/healthcast/00_briefs.html )  I could not find anything else on this news.  I was unable to get into a Rush Presbyterian web page.  Has anyone heard anything about this?

Sounds so promising... may be available in ONE year!

Praying it is true, Jackie
(for husband, Bob 50/42/35)

Parkinson's advances
The central cause of Parkinson's disease is a lack of a chemical in the brain called dopamine. Now researchers at Rush Presbyterian Hospital in Chicago think they've found a way to make those Cells produce dopamine, by using gene therapy. Researchers injected a new gene to produce dopamine directly into the brains of rhesus monkeys. As a result the dopamine made the symptoms of Parkinson's disappear in all of the monkeys, without returning. Doctors say the treatment may be available for humans in a year.