I wish it was by machine, it would be much simpler than
the way they do it down here, with the punch cards and
the stylus.
I probably was one of the recounts myself, since I can't
push too hard on that stylus, and according to our Supervisor
of Elections, Jane Carroll, those votes aren't counted with the
card punch machine they use, if the voter doesn't push hard
enough with the stylus.
They were however, in the recount.
   She also said that sometimes the paper
doesn't come clean off the hole, and the card punch machine
doesn't count them, except in a hand recount.

This, above everything else has proven that we need to upgrade
our voting machines.  Florida is too large a state to do all of this
by hand.

Approximately 20,000 votes were disqualified in Palm Beach
County because they punched them twice, trying to correct
their mistakes, and in Lake Worth one precinct was not counted
at all on Tuesday, but was counted in the recount where 23 votes went
for Bush and 383 went to Gore.

ONLY IN FLORIDA!!!!
One thing I'm certain , after living here for 29 years, is that
it will be straightened out~~~all of it~~~eventually!!

just me,
Marjorie
68/58/55