Dear Barb P-- what a lovely message--thank you for it, and especially for
the list which you "birthed" all those years ago!  I too love Emily's
poems---

Barb, our "fearless leader" Wrote in part

>Each year when November 9 arrives, I try to reflect on what ownership and
>membership in the Parkinson's Information Exchange Network means to me.
>
>Ownership still fills me with amazement at the worldwide need for
>information about living with pd.  What is also amazing is the
>extraordinary amount of information distributed by the listmembership.
>
>Membership gives me a feeling of kinship with people all over the world
>whose faces I will never see and whose voices I will never hear.

SNIPPED>
>I was reading some poems by Emily Dickinson & want to share this one with
>you.
>
>Hope is the thing with feathers
>That perches in the soul,
>And sings the tune without the words,
>And never stops at all,
>
>And sweetest in the gale is heard;
>And sore must be the storm
>That could abash the little bird
>That kept so many warm.
>
>I've heard it in the chillest land,
>And on the strangest sea;
>Yet, never, in extremity,
>It asked a crumb of me.
>
>Never give up hope.
>
>Barb

>Barbara Patterson                               [log in to unmask]
>HSC 2J22                                        905-525-9140, ext. 22403
>                        School of Nursing

        Camilla Flintermann                                      Oxford,OH

        On PDWebring at : http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

                      Tomorrow is a gift that is wrapped in Hope.