At 09:31 AM 11/11/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>*** Absentee ballot is for those who can not get to the polling place.
>NOT just for the handicapped.

Sorry Nancy,
Not in Florida they are NOT!!!!!

An Absentee ballot in Florida ARE for the handicapped, and for those
who are out of the County on election day.
Your handicap has to be Doctor certified too!!!!
You have to sign an statement saying you will be out of your County
on election day.  I know because for several years,
because of my Asthma, I couldn't vote in my precinct because they
were using the Jaycee's building, and it was so smoke saturated
that the first time I went there I had an Asthma attack in the middle
of trying to vote.
I voted with an Absentee Ballot for several years after that, then I was
sent a letter telling me that they had "Sanitized" the Jaycees building
and would I like to try it again.  I did and they had, and I have had
no problem since.  They also "Sanitized" the Broward Mall and Macy's
Mall when they made them both no smoking.  It sure makes a difference,
now I can go shopping with out any problem, except watching my budget!!

just me,
Marjorie
68/58/55