At 02:32 PM 11/13/2000 -0200, you wrote:
>Hi Marjorie ,
><snip>

>I noticed also that many ballots were lost by confusion in the procedure
>and not
>caused by the action of hackers.

<snip>

This whole election has been unfair to everyone. When the Network News
projected that Florida had gone for Gore, many people who live in the
Northern "Panhandle" of Florida, and who are on Central Standard time,
and not Eastern Standard time as the rest of Florida, turned around and
went home.  That area has always gone Republican. Bush would have received
many more votes from that area if the projection for Gore hadn't been called
so early. By the time they pulled their projection, all the polls were closed.
On solution might be to have the polls stay open till 9 instead of 7, and
definitely make the network news stop calling projections.  None of us
are going to die waiting till morning to know who won the election.

What I was referring to about hackers was, the next evening after the election
Peter Jennings, the Anchor of ABC Network news ,was trying to explain how the
whole snafu came about, and they showed all of this data which had been sent
to the headquarters of those people doing the projections. The woman running
this projections department, called and told them, something is wrong here,
that was when
I saw the data claiming that Bush was ahead in Broward County by 234 votes.
That was the hacker information, and that woman realized it. Broward had
already
sent in their verification with 67.5 for Gore, so with a win that large,
there is no
way that after 9 p.m. Bush could have been leading Gore by 234 votes.

Part of the confusion, besides faulty machinery, is that for the most part,
poll workers are volunteers and not paid professionals. That created a lot
of the problems . They have found more ballots which haven't been
counted at all, not even the first time.
This whole thing is very sad and has given us the name Flori-duh!

But people can wait for us to finish the count or deny the 5.8 Million
voters of Florida their civil rights ,and mark Florida's vote clear off and
use the other 49 States votes, but I don't see anyone jumping to do that.

just me,
Marjorie

68/58/55