>Marjorie and all - At the time I joined this list (one year ago this
>month), I received instructions for each list I joined, and got on.
>However, novice that I was, I didn't know I should save it.  If I wanted
>to get off any of them, which I probably will in January, I wouldn't know
>how.  It seems someone, maybe Camilla, posted every list imaginable and
>how to get on and get off, and no mail, and save mail, etc.  If it is
>ever published again, I will PRINT it and SAVE it
>in my files.  Best to you Jo Ann

Jo Ann, over the last year there have been listserv instructions regularly posted to Parkinsn. Janet has done that until she was blue in the face. :) Most helpers on Parkinsn over the years have burned out because there is such a lack of responsibility on learning how to handle interactions with the listserv. How are we supposed to help when subscribers ignore the instructional posts? It really isn't the responsibility of the list to publicly waste bandwidth to try to help those who seem to resist to help themselves.

The Parkinsn list is on autopilot. We have 1909 subscribers and each of you are your own pilot.

If you don't have an internet connection and use free email, that's fine. BP configured the listserv to issue multiple digests on busy days to keep from overflowing your mailbox. The listowner has enough activities of being a homemaker, secretary to professors, having Parkinson's and also sorting through all the error messages because someone has misconfigured their mail program so that their mailbox gets full and refuses to accept the Parkinsn messages. Let's be considerate and responsible.

If you are computer challenged, use the mail management buttons on P-I-E-N-O. P-I-E-N-O is Parkinsn, Parkinsn is P-I-E-N-O.

                  Search the parkinsn archive online at:
                 http://james.parkinsons.org.uk
                Catch the Parkinsn's List Online messages at:
         http://parkinsons-information-exchange-network-online.com
             Click the link for Parkinsn's List Online

John Cottingham