Date sent:              Fri, 10 Nov 2000 15:28:52 -0600
Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>
From:                   "Charles T. Meyer, M.D." <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re: Homeless
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> At the same time I support the Palm Beach  people who were confused
> that they should be allowed to re-vote.  The votes for Buchannan  were
> enough to change the election and therefore Florida should get who the
> majority of the people wanted.  If those people really wanted
> Buchannan they will be Bush supporters any way.

I disagree.  In the election when Perot was running on the Reform
Party ticket, he got many more votes than did Buchanan.  There are
many Buchanan supporters in South Florida.

The ballots in question were, by FL law, *published in advance*.
They were also *mailed* (also by law) to all people registered to vote
two weeks in advance of the election.  The same ballots were used in
the last two elections in that county.  Nobody complained then (when
the Democrats scored an easy victory).

Someone recently pointed out an interesting possible irony.  If the FL
election is invalidated and there are no FL electors in place by the day
that the Electoral College is supposed to act, then the election is
thrown to the House of Representatives.  According to the
Constitution, each state has one vote and it is cast for the candidate
representing the "majority party" in the House.  Since the Republicans
control 26 of the House delegations, Bush will be elected president.
Also, ironically, the Constitution also provides that, should the
election go to the House of Representatives, the candidate with the
highest number of votes (popular vote), but not with a majority, is
elected vice-president.  Thus, Gore will be the new vice-president and
Bush will be his boss!  Now, wouldn't that be interesting?

Best,

Bob  (a lifelong Democrat who voted for Bush this time)

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.dovecom.com/rafink/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"