On 10 Nov 2000, at 11:38, Larry Sholin wrote:

> Thanks Murray for the quick response. One more question: what do the age
> numbers represent when some people sign their name  e.g.  74/71/64
>
> Is it current age/  some other age ? /  age of diagnosis   ?

Hi Larry and Good Morning All,

Larry, the numbers *usually* indicate:
current age / age at diagnosis / age at onset (first symptoms)
Murray 56 / 49 / 38

It is polite to include a little *hint* as in:
Murray 56 now / 49 dx. / 38 onset
or Murray 56 now / 49 at diagnosis / 38 first symptoms

*Sometimes* (at the whim of an individual) they might mean:
current age / years since diagnosis / years since onset
or something like that.
Murray 56 / 7 / 18

*Very occasionally* someone prefers to keep their age secret
and just uses:
years since diagnosis / years since onset
Murray 7 / 18

My dear father used to say "Age is just a number." and then
jump on his snowmobile (in his 70's) and challenge anyone
to try to "keep up"....

So I don't usually bother much with the numbers....

I'd rather jump right in and challenge anyone to "keep up"....