I believe that every citizen of the United States of America, should be able
to have his or her vote properly counted, regardless of whether that person
is Jewish, Catholic, Protestant, atheist, agnostic, white, black, yellow,
brown, blue, or green, has a mansion, a mobile home, a dirty matress under a
bridge, or a cardboard box to reside in. Also, If he/she is straight, gay,
asexual, bisexual. If a genius, barely functional. or somewhere in between.
If there are not enough ballots, or equipment, or workers to do the election
right and count every vote accurately, it needs to be done over. If the
ballot is not clear to the LEAST intelligent and LEAST able voter, then a
worker must be available to aid that voter, so their vote is counted
properly. This is the right of every citizen in every state. With the
technology available, there is no excuse for anything less. If there were ten
recounts, the results should be identical, each time, or something is WRONG!
19,000 out of 54,000 people should not be denied their right to a valid  vote
because of  a "mistake".   If 19, 000 out of 54,000 patients who took a
particular medication died because the directions on the label were unclear,
would anyone say "they had their chance, they did not know what they were
doing, so they deserved to die?"   I don't think anyone would see it that
way!  When the election in every state is carried out according to law, then
whoever wins, wins and that should be the end of it.  Anyone commiting
election fraud, should be subject to  to the full penalties of the applicable
laws in the locality it occurs.  That's my opinion.
Ken Becker