From: "John Cottingham" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2000 1:38 PM
Subject: Re: LISTSERV INSTRUCTIONS addknawzeeyumm

>Janet and John --ONE of the whys and wherefores is probably that some of
>the folks who forgot to save the insdtructions DO NOT have web access. I
>like the idea of a brief post of basics monthly---why not? we have room for
>jokes  !

Camilla, everyone tries to be helpful, including yourself and Murray but
until the folks actually make an effort to read instructional posts it is
all for naught. Perhaps even youself have overlooked the instructional posts
so you think there are none. I post 3 to 4 monthly generally in response to
a plea for help but if they are not read, it isn't the helpers fault, but
falls directly on the shoulders of those who have chosen to ignore them.

For those with web access, the mail management buttons on P-I-E-N-0 are the
easiest way to manage the Parkinsn subscription options. It requires no
rocket science to click the appropriate option button and then click the
send button on the users email program.

If one is technically inclined, Janet provides the necessary commands to
perform the same function but the user has to create the email to the
listserv themselves.

Those few with email only access have to use the manual method to manage
their subscription. Their plight is the lowest common denominator. These
folks will need to send a message to [log in to unmask] and
include in the body of the message the words: info refcard

They will then be sent the commands for all of the mail options. Let me
assure you the refcard list is cryptic and 99% of folks getting it will not
know what to do with them.

The best bet for these folks is to email me direct with a description of
what they want to do and I will do my best to help them.

                  Search the parkinsn archive online at:
                 http://james.parkinsons.org.uk
                Catch the Parkinsn's List Online messages at:
         http://parkinsons-information-exchange-network-online.com
             Click the link for Parkinsn's List Online

John Cottingham