It is with unbearable sorrow that I tell you that my mother, Joyce Scaduto,
died on  Sunday. She was 71, diagnosed with PD in 2/97 and rediagnosed with
a Parkinson's Plus disease 9/98. She was buried today.

I have subscribed to the list from the onset of her diagnosis and am so
grateful for the information I received -- Rita, Norma, and Victoria hold a
special place for me. Since her rediagnosis, I was less active here because
I  also subscribed to the MSA list. But throughout, I read the postings.

My mother was a kind and caring person who never complained about her
illness. I am grateful that she had her hair done and went shopping a day
before she died. She could no longer walk because her feet were curled in
and she had no balance. Her head, too was curled into her chest severely. I
have never seen a person more crippled than my mother with her disease.
Despite this, she managed to redefine a new standard of normal constantly
and figure out what was possible at that stage. She was my hero. As one of
her friends said to me,
"I've know your mother for 100 years and I never knew she had this in her."
Me neither. I am so proud of her.

Please remember my mother tonight. And honor her not only by reaching out to
someone who needs it, but staying the course with those that needed it
awhile ago that you might have forgotten about. That was what my mom was all
about. Debbie

Debbie White